Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2017


In the power of one we see a lot of close ups of when the black  people were being treated badly. For example there was a close up of Sargent Boorman forcing Geel Piet  to eat crap on his shoe. This makes us understand that this was a bad thing that occurred in Africa. The director did this to show us how it was like for the black people and how they were treated back then. This worked well with the camera shots during the scene of Geel Piet doing what Sargent Boorman was telling him to do. This reminds me of another film i have e watched called 12 years a slave and it was very emotional and the reason why it’s just like this movie is that they were treated like slaves and the beatings that they got were similar and they didn't have rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.